We are meeting at The Cellar tonight at 6pm to have our Weekly Social Meetup. I’m not sure if we have a private room again but we’ll have the little sign out.
We don’t have any speakers lined up for this meeting but there’s plenty to talk about! I’ve put together some random news events over the last week but there’s been far more happen in the world.
Bitcoin Metrics for 5/17
Price: $30,140 as of 736,824
Money Supply: 19,042,442.18
Percentage Issued: 90.67%
Fee Rate: 11 sat/vB
Hash Rate: 222.1 EH/s
El Salvador hosts talks with 44 countries on ‘benefits’ of its bitcoin rollout
– Met Monday 5/16
– 32 central banks and 12 financial authorities (44 countries)
Kwik Trip adding Bitcoin ATMs in more than 800 locations
– 800 locations in Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois and Iowa
– deployed by Coinsource
CoinCorner Announces World First Bitcoin Lightning Card
– uses LNURL and NFC- compatible with CoinCorner and BTCPayServer payment gateways
– coming soon to Ibex Mercado, LNBits and FastBitcoins
Former Meta Lead Laucnhes Bitcoin Lightning Company, Lightspark
– David Marcus, ex-Meta executive for Facebook Messenger, has announced the creation of his new company, Lightspark
– Lightspark will focus on building, exploring and creating on the Bitcoin Lightning Network
Bitcoin Gaming Studio Pnkfrg Raises $3 Million For Mobile Games
– funds will be used to develop games targeting a F2P circular creator economy with a casual experience
– studio based in Berlin and Helsinki includes team leads from the Candy Crush Saga
These are just some of the topics we’ll be discussing tonight. Free free to bring any topics of discussion for the group that you find interesting! We all want to learn this journey together.
See you tonight!